Educational Affairs Department
The Educational Affairs Department consists of 5 units :
1- Management Unit.
2- Schedules Unit.
• Teaching Load Unit.
• Course Unit.
3- Exam Unit.
4- Student Services Unit.
5- Classroom Unit.
These units manage undergraduate courses. Their responsibilities include :
(1) Preparing schedules and subject placement in semesters.
(2) Test administration and organization.
(3) Classroom environment and needs.
(4) Distributing teaching loads among faculty.
(5) Managing course equivalency for transferred students and alumni.
(6) Providing guidance for new students and aiding with department specialization.
(7) Monitoring under-performing students.
(8) Managing the section's announcements.
(9) Providing course descriptions.
(10) Facilitating the necessary procedures for practicum work, field visits, and data collection for research purposes.
Head of educational affairs :
It is a supervisory and executive function related to Educational Affairs. She cooperates with the Home Economics Vice-Dean in implementing the rules and regulations of education and university exams.
Management Affairs Official:
It is an administrative and executive function that deals with the department's administrative affairs in such capacities as receiving transactions and their follow-up, printing and exporting letters, and preparing statistics according to student numbers. Besides, she deals with course descriptions, academic statements, announcements, and laboratory keys.
It is an administrative and executive function that deals with schedules preparation and placement of classes for undergraduates.
Teaching Load Official :
It is an administrative function that deals with conducting load transactions and procedures of academic cooperation according to the Credit Hour System (CHS).
Course Official :
It is an administrative and executive function that deals with all matters pertaining to the development and follow-up of courses.
Exams Official :
It is an administrative and executive function that deals with everything that relate to tests, preparation of final exam schedules, classrooms, invigilators, and exam results follow up.
Student Services Official :
It is an executive function that cooperates with the Educational Affairs Section in completing the placement of students in Home Economics Departments, academic mentoring distribution, under-performing students management and follow-up, and course equivalency for students and alumni. She also deals with procedures of students’ field visits, practicum, or data collection for research purposes.
Classroom Official :
It is an administrative and executive function responsible for classroom environment and needs, such as the availability of chairs, Blackboard, projector, data shows, and instructors, in addition to electronic locks.